Erlinda Ocampo Johnson, Attorney at Law
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Erlinda Ocampo Johnson, JD is the founder of the Law Office of Erlinda Ocampo Johnson, LLC. Based in Albuquerque, NM, Ms. Johnson represents clients from around the state of New Mexico, specializing in state and federal representation for:
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Cases
- Complex Multi-Defendant Drug Trafficking Conspiracies
- Complex Multi-Defendant Drug Wiretap Cases
- Complex Multi-Defendant Federal Murder Cases
- Racketeering (RICO) Cases
- Multi-Defendant Tax Fraud and Evasion Cases
- Multi-Defendant Fraud and Public Corruption Cases
- Drug Interdiction Cases
- Undercover and Informant Operation Cases
- Drug Reversal and Controlled Delivery Cases
Born in Nicaragua, Ms. Johnson and her family sought asylum in the United States during the height of the civil war in Nicaragua. They eventually settled down in Santa Fe, New Mexico. As an immigrant and eventual citizen, Ms. Johnson pursued the American dream of education and success.
Immediately after graduating from the University of New Mexico School Of Law, Ms. Johnson began working as an assistant district attorney in Albuquerque, New Mexico where she prosecuted a wide range of crimes including:
With her experience and training as an assistant district attorney, Ms. Johnson became a federal prosecutor at the United States Attorney’s Office in Albuquerque. There, she prosecuted a large array of complex drug cases involving:
- Organized crime drug enforcement task force cases
- Criminal enterprises
- Conspiracies and evidence obtained from telephone wiretaps
Her experience also included prosecuting criminal immigration offenses.
After six years at the US Attorney’s Office, Ms. Johnson applied her collected wealth of training, knowledge and experience as a state and federal prosecutor to the aggressive and thoughtful Personal Injury, Criminal Defense, Civil Rights and Criminal Immigration Law Practice of the Law Office of Erlinda Ocampo Johnson, LLC.
- New Mexico, 1995
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico, 2000
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2001
- Federal Immigration Courts and The Board of Immigration Appeals
- United States District Courts for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Associations (AILA)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New Mexico Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
Se Habla Español
Call 505.792.4048 today for a consultation.
The Law Office of Erlinda Ocampo Johnson does not handle any case involving crimes against children or minors.