Accused of a crime? Why you need a Criminal Defense Attorney
Are you being accused of a crime? Being convicted can permanently alter your life. A conviction can mean long prison sentences, incarceration, probation, deportation, steep fines and, most importantly, a criminal record that will follow you for the rest of your life.
You need someone who will vigorously fight for your legal rights. You are innocent until proven guilty. The sixth amendment to the U.S. Constitution establishes your right to counsel in a criminal prosecution. No matter who you are or your immigration status, you have the right to a Defense Attorney.
A Criminal Defense Attorney will explain your legal rights, protect those rights and ensure you receive a fair trial. When you hire a Criminal Defense Attorney, you gain counsel who will examine your case evidence and your situation, conduct a rigorous independent defense investigation and develop a legal strategy for your defense.
You need someone there for you to help prevent possible:
- Long prison sentences
- Deportation from the United States
- Orders to pay steep fines
- Loss of driving privileges
- A criminal record
An Experienced Defense Attorney can help you by doing the following:
- Advocate for you at your arraignment.
- Meticulously discuss your legal options during the criminal process.
- Vigorously advocate for you at all of your court appearances.
- Advocate for you at your pre-trial hearing.
- Thoroughly collect evidence, examine and investigate.
- Tenaciously cross-examine witnesses at your trial.
- Engage in plea negotiations to attempt to get lesser charges in exchange for a lesser punishment.
- Present alternative ideas about the crime to ensure a fair trial.
- When in your best interest, work to settle your case before trial.
Contact us today
If you have been accused of a crime in Albuquerque, New Mexico, contact the Law Office of Erlinda Ocampo Johnson as soon as possible. We specialize in several areas of criminal defense. We will fight for the best outcome possible for you and your loved ones.